Internship: AWS and Full Stack
SODAQ started out in 2013 developing and deploying weather stations across Africa. The necessity to transmit sensor data from remote locations produced one of the first global Internet of Things (IoT) development boards. From the start, SODAQ’s has focused on low-power, sustainable technology, and has experienced significant growth thanks to its high degree of innovation. SODAQ’s products and service offerings have diversified into solutions for a wide range of applications for a variety of industries.
We are looking for an AWS and Full Stack intern with the desire to learn new technologies and solve problems. This role is more than just writing code. We are looking for ambitious students who would like to develop an application keeping the end-user in their minds. He/she should have the passion to learn new tools and techniques and identify needed system improvements.
Overview of job responsibilities:
As a full-stack development intern, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining useful internal applications for the company. You will also contribute to improving our existing application for the timekeeping system. You will work closely together with the other embedded hardware, software, and mechanical engineers. You will need to have a good understanding of databases, Linux, and VMs.
- Studying Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering, ICT or a related discipline
- Professionally proficient in English (spoken & written), Dutch is a bonus
- Handy with Arduino and writing small programs
- Experience working with
- Php Laravel
- HTML & CSS
- Able to design and develop software to meet customers’ technical requirements
- Knowledge of full stack development
- Experience with Linux based development
- Able to prepare and maintain technical documentation
- Able to design and execute test plans and then analyse and document the results
- Able to work within a team and provide (and handle) constructive feedback during design reviews
Preferred (optional) skills:
- Experience with node red and python scripting
- Experience with the Arduino Platform, and raspberry pi
- Experience with developing projects on cloud platforms like AWS
What we offer
SODAQ is a young, dynamic and innovative company. We have grown into a team of forty professionals who are dedicated to our vision and mission. We offer a motivating, entrepreneurial, and social work environment. As an embedded software developer you will enjoy freedom and autonomy in managing your own activities and you will be able to provide direct value through your own effectiveness. We provide a good starting package with an emphasis on rapid growth opportunities. At SODAQ we are currently working on professional development plans for our people and offer the opportunity to continue learning through training and courses.
- Work from home opportunities
Contract length: 4 months
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Postcode 1211 in Hilversum (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Web App development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19