Internship: Cyber security and IoT
SODAQ started out in 2013 developing and deploying weather stations across Africa. The necessity to transmit sensor data from remote locations produced one of the first global Internet of Things (IoT) development boards. From the start, SODAQ’s has focused on low-power, sustainable technology, and has experienced significant growth thanks to its high degree of innovation. SODAQ’s products and service offerings have diversified into solutions for a wide range of applications for a variety of industries.
We are looking for a full-time cyber security intern with the desire to learn new technologies and solve problems around cyber security in IoT devices. We are looking for ambitious students who would like to evaluate our IoT systems, communication layers and the overall design process to identify cyber security risks. Next, we would like them to come up with solutions that can be used to fix existing issues as well as create a future plan to make our devices secure. He/she should have the passion to learn new tools and techniques and identify needed system improvements.
Overview of job responsibilities:
As a cyber security and Iot intern you will be responsible for mapping our current IoT ecosystem ( development tools, databases, servers) and evaluate the weak points that can act as points of attack. You will then be required to come up with practical solutions to fix urgent issues and create a roadmap for further actions to be taken . You will work closely together with the other embedded hardware, software and mechanical engineers. You will need to have a good understanding of cyber security threats and affinity for embedded devices.
We believe it could be an interesting thesis project for students following embedded systems engineering at a Masters level. We can help you to come up with a thesis project and developing the right research questions.
- Studying Master degree information security Computer Science, Software Engineering, Embedded development or a related discipline
- Knowledge and experience with cyber security tools , threat detection and ability to understand and adopt these tools for IoT devices
- Professionally proficient in English (spoken & written), Dutch is a bonus
- Knowledge of Network layer, embedded security layer
- Knowledge of data privacy, security breaches
- Able to design and develop software to meet customers’ technical requirements
- Working knowledge of low level protocols such as I2C, SPI & UART
- Able to prepare and maintain technical documentation
- Able to design and execute test plans and then analyse and document the results
- Able to work within a team and provide (and handle) constructive feedback during design reviews
- Available for min 6 months
Preferred (optional) skills:
- Experience with embedded devices
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS
What we offer
SODAQ is a young, dynamic and innovative company. We have grown into a team of forty professionals who are dedicated to our vision and mission. We offer a motivating, entrepreneurial and social work environment. As an embedded software developer you will enjoy freedom and autonomy in managing your own activities and you will be able to provide direct value through your own effectiveness. We provide a good starting package with an emphasis on the rapid growth opportunities. At SODAQ we are currently working on professional development plans for our people and offer the opportunity to continue learning through training and courses.
- Work from home opportunities
- Discounted/free food
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Postcode 1211 in Hilversum (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Cyber security and IoT: 1 year (Preferred)