Internship: Embedded Software developer
SODAQ started out in 2013 developing and deploying weather stations across Africa. The necessity to transmit sensor data from remote locations produced one of the first global Internet of Things (IoT) development boards. From the start, SODAQ’s has focused on low-power, sustainable technology, and has experienced significant growth thanks to its high degree of innovation. SODAQ’s products and service offerings have diversified into solutions for a wide range of applications for a variety of industries. The IoT solutions developed make it possible for companies to automate data collection in a sustainable and reliable way.
SODAQ continues to grow and has set itself the goal of becoming the global market leader in the field of “low-power” sensing and tracking”. In order to realize our vision and objectives, we are looking for an embedded software developer.
We are looking for a full-time embedded engineer with the desire to learn new technologies and solve problems. This role is more than just writing code. We need an embedded developer who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques and identify needed system improvements.
Overview of job responsibilities:
As an embedded software intern you will be responsible for programming embedded devices both individually and within a team. You will work closely together with the other embedded hardware, software, and mechanical engineers. As English is our main language we require full proficiency in this. SODAQ is a relatively small company and you will be required to be flexible and be able to quickly switch between tasks while working on multiple projects simultaneously. You will need to have a good understanding of using microcontrollers with analog and digital circuits in low-power applications.
- Studying Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Embedded development or a related discipline
- Professionally proficient in English (spoken & written), Dutch is a bonus
- Experience in Embedded Software Development
- Handy with Arduino and Rasberry Pi
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, other languages are a bonus
- Experience with debugging embedded systems (over JTAG, SWD etc)
- Able to design and develop software to meet customers’ technical requirements
- Working knowledge of low-level protocols such as I2C, SPI & UART
- Able to prepare and maintain technical documentation
- Able to design and execute test plans and then analyze and document the results
- Able to work within a team and provide (and handle) constructive feedback during design reviews
- Open to learning new skills, using new tools and technologies
Preferred (optional) skills:
- Experience with ultra low power, highly resource-constrained, embedded devices
- Experience with the Arduino Platform, Data loggers, and raspberry pi
- Experience with LoRa, GSM, or LTE (CAT-M1, CAT-NB1)
- Ability to write drivers for external components such as sensor modules
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (FreeRTOS, Zephyr, RIOT, etc)
- Knowledge of networking protocols TCP/UDP/COAP/HTTP/MQTT etc
What we offer
SODAQ is a young, dynamic and innovative company. We have grown into a team of forty professionals who are dedicated to our vision and mission. We offer a motivating, entrepreneurial and social work environment. As an embedded software developer you will enjoy freedom and autonomy in managing your own activities and you will be able to provide direct value through your own effectiveness. We provide a good starting package with an emphasis on the rapid growth opportunities. At SODAQ we are currently working on professional development plans for our people and offer the opportunity to continue learning through training and courses.
- Work from home opportunities
Contract length: 3+ months
Apply along with your motivation letter before 15th May. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- Arduino: 1 year (Required)
- C/C++: 1 year (Required)
- Embedded software: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings