Internship: RF and Antennas
SODAQ started out in 2013 developing and deploying weather stations across Africa. The necessity to transmit sensor data from remote locations produced one of the first global Internet of Things (IoT) development boards. From the start, SODAQ’s has focused on low-power, sustainable technology, and has experienced significant growth thanks to its high degree of innovation. SODAQ’s products and service offerings have diversified into solutions for a wide range of applications for a variety of industries. SODAQ continues to grow and has set itself the goal of becoming the global market leader in the field of “low-power” sensing and tracking”. In order to realize our vision and objectives, we are looking for an embedded software developer.
We are looking for a full-time RF intern with the desire to learn new technologies and solve RF problems. We are looking for ambitious students who would like to do research in the field of antennas and will develop a small network band analyzer device. The idea is to be able to do a scan of a network at a very specific position to explore which network is available based on the available RF power. Currently it is open how to develop this, but a dedicated antenna, ADC and further instrumentation are very important here. He/she should have the passion to learn new tools and techniques and identify needed system improvements.
Overview of job responsibilities:
As an RF intern, you will be applying the knowledge from your studies to help us develop innovative solutions related to efficient antennas for our tracking devices. You will also be working in our lab analyzing the performance of existing devices and suggesting positive improvements. You will work closely together with the other embedded hardware, software, and mechanical engineers.
- Studying Master degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics Embedded development or a related discipline
- Specializing in Antennas and RF development
- Professionally proficient in English (spoken & written), Dutch is a bonus
- Have experience with writing small Arduino or data logging scripts
- Experience with CST
- Experience working with sensors and instrumentation
- Should have followed courses like Antennas systems, measurements, and instrumentation and propagation and scattering of EM waves
- Ability to think at a systems level and come up with innovative solutions.
- Hands-on experience with VNA and spectrum analyzer
- Able to prepare and maintain technical documentation
- Able to design and execute test plans and then analyze and document the results
- Able to work within a team and provide (and handle) constructive feedback during design reviews
Preferred (optional) skills:
- Experience with ultra low power, highly resource-constrained, embedded devices
- Experience with the Arduino Platform, Data loggers, and raspberry pi
- Experience with making PCB designs and Cad programs like Eagle or Altium
What we offer
SODAQ is a young, dynamic and innovative company. We have grown into a team of forty professionals who are dedicated to our vision and mission. We offer a motivating, entrepreneurial, and social work environment. As an embedded software developer you will enjoy freedom and autonomy in managing your own activities and you will be able to provide direct value through your own effectiveness. We provide a good starting package with an emphasis on rapid growth opportunities. At SODAQ we are currently working on professional development plans for our people and offer the opportunity to continue learning through training and courses.
- Work from home opportunities
- Discounted/free food
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Postcode 1211 in Hilversum (Preferred)
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Antennas and RF development: 1 year (Preferred)